business endnoun [ S ]uk /ˈbɪz.nɪs ˌend/ us /ˈbɪz.nɪs ˌend/ informal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- John Brown reversed the net, and, lying flat on the wharf, gingerly thrust the business end of the contrivance through the opening and into the dark, weed-streaked water.
- Mr. Barry came back with Anne, carrying a coil of rope to which was attached a claw-like instrument that had been the business end of a grubbing fork.
- Senator, may I trouble you to depress the business end of that syphon?
- Something seemed to tell him who was at the business end of that knocker.
- The business end of the lash once brushed the boy's cheek.