camellianoun [ C ]uk /kəˈmiː.li.ə/ us /kəˈmiː.li.ə/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Camellias are propagated by cuttings in winter, which should give blooming plants in two years.
- In vain Edith brought him plants from the little greenhouse, fine camellias, pots of snow-drops, and lovely anemones.
- The camellias and evergreens on the hillside made a lovely framework for each little picture, as we turned and twisted along the narrow path.
- The newer double varieties have flowers as fine as a camellia.
- Then he sat and stared at the red camellia blooms before him, that somehow looked as indistinct and misty as though they were fifty yards off instead of so many inches.