check in/check into sth
— phrasal verb with check uk /tʃek/ us /tʃek/ verb
- When we had checked in, the desk clerk gave us our key.
- We then checked into the hotel for a weekend of unashamed luxury.
- After driving all day, I was so pleased just to check into a motel and relax.
- The police wanted to know whether any new guests checked in on Sunday evening.
- An elderly couple checked into Room 8 about an hour ago.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: