checkoutnoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃek.aʊt/ us /ˈtʃek.aʊt/
- I saw a mother at the checkout trying to manage two small children and a mountain of shopping.
- When I got to the checkout, I realized I'd left my purse at home.
- There was a long queue at the checkout and customers were getting impatient.
- If there are customers waiting, they are usually quick to open another checkout.
- Another member of staff came to the checkout to let Gavin go for his lunch-break.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: