churchwomannoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃɜːtʃˌwʊm.ən/ us /ˈtʃɝːtʃˌwʊm.ən/ plural -women uk /-wɪmɪn/ us
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- But, he said, "you are still a churchwoman?"
- It would appear that she had been a good churchwoman.
- My wife, you know, is a strict churchwoman.
- She had a small annuity, had turned herself into a most faithful churchwoman, and went to live at Ely because it was cheap and a cathedral city.
- Some years ago a party of ultra-high churchwomen decided to wear only black during Lent.