Examples from literature
- A fur-coated man with a dark close-cropped beard was leaning over the rail beside him.
- All he saw was the back of a fair head, close-cropped.
- His face was brown, as though from hot suns, his close-cropped hair was silver-grey, and he had the bold, clear-cut features of a man quick to make up his mind and accustomed to command.
- His once close-cropped blond hair was beginning to grow shaggy around the edges, and with the hat pulled low over his forehead, he might have been another person entirely.
- It opened its social gates to him and shut him in on a close-cropped, formal lawn with the select herd of ruminants.
- Manning sat back, a large man with close-cropped dark hair and heavy features.