cockroachnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒk.rəʊtʃ/ us /ˈkɑːk.roʊtʃ/
Examples from literature
- From the collection, they identified 95 species, including a new kind of cockroach never identified before.
- The hill was covered in hundreds of thousands of busy, waste-eating cockroaches!
- Ants, cockroaches, mice, and other pests infest dirty places where food is kept, and render a house unfit for human habitation.
- Cockroaches, and all vermin, have an aversion to spirits of turpentine.
- I used to wonder at the ease with which a cockroach can climb a perfectly smooth wall and run across the ceiling.