confessionalnoun [ C ]uk /kənˈfeʃ.ən.əl/ us /kənˈfeʃ.ən.əl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- He had stood there, indeed, from the moment of the girl's entrance into the confessional.
- If I had been a wiser girl, a stronger, and a more sensible, very likely I might not have gone to the confessional at all.
- Seated sideways in his confessional, he stamped on the floor, abused me, and spoke disrespectfully of the King.
- The crowd of penitents melted away one by one, the few last stragglers had been heard, and still the priest waited in his confessional.
- You have heard in the confessional the history of many great sins, but I know that this is not what troubles you.