cormorantnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔː.mər.ənt/ us /ˈkɔːr.mɚ.ənt/
Examples from literature
- At that moment the cormorants were coming down the glittering lake to their roost.
- Jungle fowl were abundant and pigeons exceedingly so, but we saw no ducks along the river and only two cormorants.
- Sea-mews and cormorants flew about him restlessly, as if anxious to warn him of his danger.
- The cormorants are the best divers, so the pelicans arrange themselves in a large circle at some great distance from the land, and flap their great wings on the surface of the water, while the cormorants dive beneath.
- To-day, by the way, as I rode along the beach I saw seals, cormorants, gulls and ducks, all astonishingly tame.