cornfieldnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɔːn.fiːld/ us /ˈkɔːrn.fiːld/
Examples from literature
- And everywhere were cornfields, accenting with squares of deeper green, this limitless expanse of grassy land.
- In a single night hordes of these workers go into a cornfield and by daylight not a stalk of corn remains.
- It creeps in the sand and mud, with green leaves growing up as thick as corn in a cornfield.
- The two girls would wander for miles along the edge of the cornfields, hunting for ground-cherries.
- There are vineyards, cornfields, orchards, almost every fruit-tree flourishes there.