cottage cheesenoun [ U ]uk /ˌkɒt.ɪdʒ ˈtʃiːz/ us /ˌkɑː.t̬ɪdʒ ˈtʃiːz/
Examples from literature
- As soon as the class meets, demonstrate the method of making cottage cheese.
- Cool and then rub one and one-half cupfuls of cottage cheese through a sieve.
- Dessert cottage cheese often served with yogurt.
- So cottage cheese is a good meat substitute and a practical way of using part of the skim milk when the cream is taken off for butter.
- The protein of milk is largely the part which makes cottage cheese.