cricketernoun [ C ]uk /ˈkrɪk.ɪ.tər/ us /ˈkrɪk.ɪ.t̬ɚ/
Examples from literature
- As a cricketer he was almost entirely self-taught.
- Good cricketer and footballer, I mean, and all that sort of thing.
- He was a quiet, sturdy boy, and a first-rate cricketer.
- That afternoon Martha chanced to sit down in a vacant chair, just out of the range of the cricketers.
- Unfortunately for him, the visiting team, however gentlemanly, were not brilliant cricketers, at any rate as far as bowling was concerned.