crown princenoun [ C ]uk /ˌkraʊn ˈprɪns/ us /ˌkraʊn ˈprɪns/
Examples from literature
- A suspension of hostilities was agreed upon to permit of the prisoners being removed, and in the end the crown prince, against the wishes of his commanders, stopped all firing and agreed to discuss terms of peace.
- Nearly every German state had sent its sovereign or crown prince.
- Three male figures, perhaps royal sons, accompany the prominent crown prince.
- You know that we give a party to-morrow to celebrate the birthday of the crown prince, and I wished to wear that dress.
- You must anoint him crown prince, just as you promised before, when we met.