curdleverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈkɜː.dəl/ us /ˈkɝː.dəl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Every drop of blood seemed to curdle in Henri's veins.
- Great care should be taken, especially in the beginning, as the eggs easily curdle when the oil is stirred in too fast.
- In doing as here directed there is no risk of the custard curdling, for directly the water ceases to boil it cannot curdle the custard, although it is hot enough to finish thickening it.
- Milk curdles in the pans when she is running through the forest... they say.
- When the tapioca is clear, remove the stock from the range and pour it very gradually onto the egg mixture, stirring briskly all the time, so that the egg will not curdle.