disembowelverb [ T ]uk /ˌdɪs.ɪmˈbaʊ.əl/ us /ˌdɪs.ɪmˈbaʊ.əl/ -ll- or US usually -l-
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- After a short time the operation was again commenced, and in a few minutes the body disembowelled.
- He was fighting to get under, as he had flung himself under the caribou he had disembowelled.
- He who commits high treason is disembowelled alive, and they tear out his heart and buffet his cheeks with it.
- The nobles, when he had been disembowelled, had his body kept embalmed for three years, for they feared the provinces would rise if the king's end were published.
- With a furious bound, the bound of an enraged wild beast that wishes to disembowel its tamer, I crossed my room to seize him, to strangle him, to kill him!...