domestic animalnoun [ C ]uk /dəˌmes.tɪk ˈæn.ɪ.məl/ us /dəˌmes.tɪk ˈæn.ɪ.məl/
Examples from literature
- Beasts of prey are solitary in their habits—the gentle and useful domestic animals are gregarious and social.
- By studying domestic animals, see what you can learn about heredity.
- I suppose you are well aware that cattle, poultry, and other domestic animals are required to be kept under proper control.
- Is a man not as much a domestic animal as a dog?
- What domestic animals are used for food?