drawing boardnoun [ C ]uk us
Examples from literature
- As a youngster I had planned to study architecture, as I had developed some talent at the drawing board.
- Each of the two inventors had his own drawing board, designed to swing out from the wall at the press of a button.
- His drawing board was littered with sketches and diagrams when the phone rang, breaking in on his thoughts.
- Most architects still hold to the old-fashioned drawing boards supported upon trestles, and mostly from the simple inertia of custom.
- There was a desk supporting a drawing board, with a chair set before it.