ducklingnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈdʌk.lɪŋ/ us /ˈdʌk.lɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- Lily waited four weeks before the ducklings appeared.
- The ducklings are hatched from the first of April up to about the first of August.
- The next day, the cat saw the duckling and began to growl.
- We have a new brood of seventeen ducklings just hatched this afternoon.
- Well, the three ducklings swam on, thinking how nice it was on the water, with the warm sun on their backs, when they suddenly came to the end of the pond.