easelnoun [ C ]uk /ˈiː.zəl/ us /ˈiː.zəl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A white-haired old man was seated before an easel, on which was stretched a large canvas.
- And I didn't glance, even, at the picture on the easel.
- He returned to the easel and stood staring with his hands in his pockets.
- His last unfinished sketch rests on the easel.
- In the work-room stood an easel with a half-finished painting turned face downward, and on the wall hung studies in drawing.