economic adjective (COUNTRY'S ECONOMY)
The country has been in a very poor economic state ever since the decline of its two major industries.
- I don't think we should expand our business in the current economic climate.
- People's voting habits are influenced by political, social, and economic factors.
- The country is in the midst of an economic crisis.
- On Wall Street today, the Dow Jones rose 55 points following good economic figures.
- Ministers are concerned by the low level of economic activity.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words