Examples from literature
- A noisy fly, the first of his kind, buzzed over the plate where the empty eggshells lay beside the bowl, and from them crawled to the scattered sugar that sparkled carelessly upon the rim.
- A ship would be dashed to pieces like an eggshell against these cliffs.
- At last one eggshell after another began to crack.
- Many of those rescued told of escaping from their homes by fractions of minutes, just before the rushing waters swept their homes away and crushed them like eggshells against bridges.
- The broken eggshells may lie in the old nest, but the fledged larks are singing in the blue of the sky.
- The chick which cannot break the eggshell, the caterpillar that fails to suspend itself properly or to spin a safe cocoon, the bees that lose their way or that fail to store honey, inevitably perish.