egotisticadjectivealso egotistical, uk /-tɪ.kəl/ us uk /ˌiː.ɡəˈtɪs.tɪk/ us /ˌiː.ɡoʊˈtɪs.tɪk/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˌiː.ɡəˈtɪs.tɪ.kəl.i/ us /ˌiː.ɡoʊˈtɪs.tɪ.kəl.i/
Examples from literature
- He was intensely egotistic, and totally indifferent to all religious belief.
- He was not unduly egotistic.
- She was superficial, incapable, egotistic, coquettish and pretty.
- Thus the reminiscences are, in a sense, extraordinarily egotistic.
- Very egotistic and willful in his youth, careless of his affairs, and an imprudent gambler, at thirty years of age he had not yet settled down.