ejection seatnoun [ C ]uk /ɪˈdʒekt.ʃən ˌsiːt/ us /ɪˈdʒekt.ʃən ˌsiːt/ UK also ejector seat, uk /ɪˈdʒek.təˌsiːt/ us /-tɚ-/
Examples from literature
- A little over a month before, it had seemed to Joe that ejection seats were the most useless of all possible pieces of equipment to have in a space ship.
- I even caught Mike polishing the ejection seats, because there wasn't anything else to make sure of!
- The ejection seats were assuredly the most unlikely of all devices to be useful today.
- This crumpling cabin fell fast, but Joe stuffed Mike in an ejection seat and shot him out.
- With an ejection seat, a jet pilot can be shot out of a plane traveling over Mach one, and live to tell about it.