electrodenoun [ C ]uk /ɪˈlek.trəʊd/ us /iˈlek.troʊd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- As a rule, each electrode has attached to it a binding post to which wires can be quickly fastened.
- In all these cases, secondary results to a greater or smaller extent were produced at the positive electrode.
- It also forms a condensing chamber for the zinc fumes, and it also constitutes the negative electrode.
- The apparatus is hermetically sealed at the top, the two electrodes being naturally insulated with rubber.
- The two electrodes are separated, and a wire connects the two outside of the cell.