electrolytenoun [ C ]uk /iˈlek.trə.laɪt/ us /iˈlek.trə.laɪt/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adjective uk /i.lek.trəˈlɪt.ɪk/ us /i.lek.trəˈlɪt̬.ɪk/
Examples from literature
- Sometimes oil is poured on top of the fluid in the jar to prevent the creeping of the salts and the evaporation of the electrolyte.
- The centre compartment is used to hold the lead or other suitable anode and electrolyte.
- The method of procedure is to take a series of normal responses to uniform stimuli, the electrolyte being water.
- This involves a gradual consumption of one of the elements and a corresponding exhaustion of the active properties of the electrolyte.
- To prevent these electrolytes from freezing we had in each meter a strip of metal.