epaulettenoun [ C ]UK US epaulet uk /ˌep.əˈlet/ us /ˌep.əˈlet/
Examples from literature
- Eugene had passed his examination, and promised them a visit to show them his epaulettes.
- He wore no orders, no golden epaulettes, no ostrich-plumes.
- Henry is a hero, and epaulettes are on his shoulders.
- Officers making visits don their uniforms, with epaulettes and side arms, and with all their decorations blazing on their breasts.
- Their attitude varied in accordance with the number of stars they had on their epaulette.