falconernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɒl.kən.ər/ us /ˈfɑːl.kə.nɚ/
Examples from literature
- For thousands of years, falconers have taught falcons to fly away, catch other birds, and bring them back.
- October is the month in which the falconer sallies forth to secure the hawks which will be employed in "the sport of kings" during the cold weather.
- Our falconers use the left hand for carrying their hawks.
- The falconer, who took care of the hawks, was a very important person.
- The favor and fortune of the young falconer went on increasing every day.