family circlenoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˌfæm.əl.i ˈsɜː.kəl/ us /ˌfæm.əl.i ˈsɝː.kəl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Her influence on the family circle, therefore, was not cheerful.
- It was one of those times of self-searching and reflection that occasionally come unbidden in every family circle.
- On this important occasion, the gentlemen of the office spent some hours after dinner with the family circle, and coffee and cigars were served.
- Upon occasion a deal of fun is poked at the victim, and this holds true even in the family circle.
- We were born into the family circle, and our parents first taught us to obey.