fanlightnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfæn.laɪt/ us /ˈfæn.laɪt/ US usually transom
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- By the light coming from a fanlight over the door in the porch he looked at his squirrel.
- His gaze travelled down to the fanlight over the front door.
- Joel kicked the mud from his shoes, and passing through the great white door with its old-fashioned fanlight above, tapped at West's room.
- Now that the silence had come we heard the rain driven in torrents against the fanlight above the hall door.
- Then he perceived through the fanlight an illumination in the hall.