find (sth) out
— phrasal verb with find uk /faɪnd/ us /faɪnd/ verb found, found
- She found out that he'd been cheating on her.
- It was when we started living together that we found we just weren't compatible.
- I must find out the train times.
- I must find out how much it will cost.
- When he found out what we'd done he was so shocked.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a fishing expedition idiom
- break fresh/new ground idiom
- catch sb red-handed idiom
- happen on/upon sth/sb
- have a (good) nose for sth idiom
- have got something there idiom
- run sb/sth to ground idiom
- search sth/sb out
- sniff sth out
- sniff sth/sb out