fire-eaternoun [ C ]uk /ˈfaɪərˌiː.tər/ us /ˈfaɪrˌiː.t̬ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A fire-eater was trying some new stunt and he set the place ablaze, so the boss yelled to me.
- In exterior appearance he did not fill the portrait of the traditional fire-eater.
- It is about the contact of flame with the tender mucous membrane surfaces of the mouth and throat that Joe, as a fire-eater, was most concerned.
- The latter, talking about the time when he, too, had been a fire-eater, had mentioned an act where a performer leaped through blazing hoops, and Joe determined to use the idea, varying it to suit his purpose.
- There was a little time after supper before the performers had to go on with their acts, and Helen prevailed on Joe to take her to the hospital whither the injured fire-eater had been removed.