fleshpotnoun [ C usually plural ]uk /ˈfleʃ.pɒt/ us /ˈfleʃ.pɑːt/ UK humorous or US literary
Examples from literature
- For a moment he loathed his fate in the sands and sighed for the fleshpots of civilisation.
- My food is of the simplest—I have no hankering for fleshpots, responded the patient.
- They are yearning for home, and long to obtain, in place of the scanty rations they receive here, the fleshpots which the Emperor Napoleon has promised to happy Poland.
- Was she wishing for the fleshpots of upper Fifth Avenue, or was it just physical weariness that would pass with the night?
- You do not know what it is to long for the fleshpots afar, you cannot understand what it is to yearn for a fair woman's face.