flora and faunanoun [ plural ]uk /ˌflɔː.rə ən ˈfɔː.nə/ us /ˌflɔːr.ə ən ˈfɑː.nə/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A collection of the flora and fauna was to be made, as well as a map of the country passed through.
- Bio-geography shows an increasing impoverishment in the flora and fauna, of small islands with distance from the mainland.
- By what flora and fauna were they surrounded?
- The influence of an island habitat upon its human occupants resembles that upon its flora and fauna, but is less marked.
- These conditions determine the singular character both of its flora and fauna.