flyleafnoun [ C ]uk /ˈflaɪ.liːf/ us /ˈflaɪ.liːf/ plural flyleaves
Examples from literature
- A memorandum book with "E. Harris" written on the flyleaf was picked up on the stairs, but nothing particular was thought of any of these signs.
- And the flyleaf makes an excellent place for a bridge-score if there isn't any other paper handy.
- It still gave him an inexplicable glow of pleasure, the memory of that brownish signature staggering across the flyleaf of "Jessica's First Prayer."
- There comes a sudden resurrection of the rocking-chair brigade, a rush of readers with uplifted fountain-pens, and a general request for the author's autograph upon the flyleaf of his volume.
- Writing on the flyleaf caught his eye.