Calm down, you're getting hysterical.
- I suspect the doctor thought I was just another hysterical female, getting all worked up about nothing.
- She rang up in a hysterical state, saying that her husband had slapped her.
- All right, calm down, don't get hysterical. There's a lot of blood, but actually it's not that serious.
- There was a predictably hysterical reaction from the press when the news was announced.
- The victim's wife was hysterical with grief and had to be sedated.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words