neighbournoun [ C ]US neighbor uk /ˈneɪ.bər/ us /ˈneɪ.bɚ/
- My wife checks on our elderly neighbour every few days to make sure that he's alright.
- The children were saved from the fire only because a neighbour pulled them clear.
- It was a bitter civil war, that pitted neighbour against neighbour.
- I've asked my neighbour to water the plants while I'm away.
- The government warned its neighbours not to interfere in its internal affairs.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: