recoverynoun [ S or U ]uk /rɪˈkʌv.ər.i/ us /rɪˈkʌv.ɚ.i/
B2 the process of getting something back:
- We must be careful not to do anything that might endanger the economic recovery.
- The doctors were astonished at the speed of her recovery.
- Well, you've made a miraculous recovery since last night!
- The prognosis after the operation was for a full recovery.
- He began to show signs of recovery.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: