reptilenoun [ C ]uk /ˈrep.taɪl/ us /ˈrep.taɪl/
- Humans, insects, reptiles, birds and mammals are all animals.
- Birds, fish, mammals, amphibians, and reptiles are all vertebrates.
- There was a fashion for keeping reptiles as pets.
Examples from literature
- But they also eat small animals, other reptiles – and other alligators!
- Crocodilians (crocodiles and alligators) are reptiles.
- Reptiles are animals that come from eggs, like birds.
- Reptiles are cold-blooded animals – they need the sun to stay warm.
- There are many insects that look like flowers and plants, but some reptiles do, too.
- Turtles and tortoises are two amazing, and quite different, species of reptile.