shortly after/before sth
- It was Johansson who scored the all-important goal shortly before half-time.
- The text is currently being emended and will be published shortly.
- The police evacuated the village shortly before the explosion.
- Excuse me a moment, I'll be with you shortly.
- She became ill shortly after inhaling the fumes.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a matter/question of time idiom
- all in good time idiom
- in for sth idiom
- in the fullness of time idiom
- in the long run idiom
- in the short run idiom
- in two shakes (of a lamb's tail) idiom
- sooner or later idiom
- the days/week(s)/year(s) to come idiom