specializeverb [ I ]UK usually specialise uk /ˈspeʃ.əl.aɪz/ us /ˈspeʃ.ə.laɪz/
- These nurses specialize in the care of the dying.
- US marshals specialize in finding fugitives and escapees.
- The company specializes in customized computer systems.
- She specializes in historical novels set in 18th-century England.
- He specializes in breeding large dogs such as Irish wolfhounds.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- be no stranger to sth idiom
- blended learning
- bone up
- brain training
- cut your political, professional, etc. teeth idiom
- gen up
- hear tell (of) idiom
- know sth like the back of your hand idiom
- know which side your bread is buttered (on) idiom
- pick sth up