spectatornoun [ C ]uk /spekˈteɪ.tər/ us /spekˈteɪ.t̬ɚ/
- A few incredulous spectators watched as Paterson, ranked 23rd in the world, beat the champion.
- Marshals struggled in vain to prevent spectators rushing onto the racetrack.
- Will spectators please stay behind the rail?
- At the last minute, we roped in a couple of spectators to complete the team.
- The racing car left the track at 120 mph and scythed through the crowd of spectators, killing ten.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: