take after sb
— phrasal verb with take uk /teɪk/ us /teɪk/ verb took, taken
- Lazy? He takes after his father.
- She takes after me with her love of horses.
- I hope the children don't take after their grandfather.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a chip off the old block idiom
- a meeting of minds idiom
- be cast in the same mould idiom
- be of like mind idiom
- be of the same mind idiom
- birds of a feather flock together idiom
- birds of a feather idiom
- dead ringer
- it takes a thief to catch a thief idiom
- well matched