violateverb [ T ]uk /ˈvaɪ.ə.leɪt/ us /ˈvaɪ.ə.leɪt/
› formal to rape someone:
- The courts struck down local segregation laws because they violated the federal constitution.
- Such behaviour violates all the rules of a civilized society.
- Invading tribes had violated their borders.
- These clothes violate her sense of good taste.
- His language violates any sense of decency.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ C ] uk /ˈvaɪ.ə.leɪ.tər/ us /ˈvaɪ.ə.leɪ.t̬ɚ/