weekendnoun [ C ]uk /ˌwiːkˈend/ us /ˈwiːk.end/
I have a lot of homework to do over the weekend.
UK Do you have anything planned for the weekend?
How much would a weekend for two in New York cost?
at the weekend UK US on the weekend
at weekends UK US on (the) weekends
- We were just chatting about what we did last weekend.
- We're going climbing in Scotland next weekend.
- I'd like to go but I'm afraid I'm booked up until the weekend.
- So you've got the whole house to yourself this weekend?
- They usually go windsurfing at weekends.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words