Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary
The ideal dictionary for intermediate learners of English
Select "Learner’s Dictionary" from the list of dictionaries at the top of any page on Cambridge Dictionaries Online to search this dictionary.
Clear definitions written in simple English
Over 25,000 examples show how words work in typical contexts
Specially aimed at Intermediate learners of English at CEF levels A2-B2
Guidewords take you to the exact meaning you are looking for
Based on the 1.5 bn word Cambridge English Corpus
Hear the words spoken online with thousands of British English and American English recordings
Also available as a book
Get the Cambridge Learner's Dictionary from Cambridge ELT
- Over 1,000 Word Partner boxes give you the collocations that will make your English sound fluent and natural.
- Thesaurus boxes help you to learn all the different words with the same meaning.
- Learner error notes based on information from the Cambridge Learner Corpus.
- Hundreds of illustrations plus colour pages for when a picture helps more than a written definition.
- Extra Help pages give additional information about specific areas of language and grammar, including a focus on spoken English, plus exercises for you to test yourself on your progress